"Pupils with SEND receive good-quality support. These pupils make good progress and are helped to work towards their individual learning targets. Similarly, the interventions and additional support provided for pupils in Year 6 are also working well."Ofsted 2018
Our agreed Special Educational Needs and Disability Policy describes in detail the provision made for children with special educational needs at Henry Hinde.
At Henry Hinde we aim to identify children with special educational needs, whether learning, physical, emotional or behavioural and make provision for these by:
- Differentiating the curriculum
- Varying teaching styles and methods
- Providing suitable materials for the full range of academic abilities
- Providing Learning Support Assistant support
- The use of outside agencies which include Educational Psychologists and advisory teachers.
- Teachers and Health and Social Services
In doing this we ensure that all children have full access to the curriculum, and we are able to cater for children with a wide range of needs successfully.
SEND LEAD: AStapleton@henryhindejunior.co.uk